BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

chapter 5 questions

8. The scene with Ethan and Mattie beside the fireplace seems idyllic. Ethan is smoking his pipe, the fire is glowing, Mattie is sewing as she siting in the rocking chair, and the silence is soothing. The cat is "watching them with narrowed eyes." Ethan and Mattie, in their own ways, are dreaming that this is really their life and not a pretense. Suppose you were that cat and could talk. What would you tell Ethan and Mattie about the dangers of allowing themselves to dream of being together?

Answer: I would tell Ethan and Mattie that they shouldn't dream when it most likely will not come true and is not there life. Also that Zeena could come home any second and would not appreciate this. Finally that they should be thinking about the other people than themselves and the repercussions of what could happen if they start to dream of being together.


10. Ethan and Mattie, though alone and with ample opportunity, never so much as touch hands during their evening together. We know, however, that their attraction to one another is great. Imagine that Ethan keeps a secret journal. Write Ethan's journal entry about that night.

Answer: Zeena had to go to the doctors leaving my and Mattie alone. She made me a really nice and delicious dinner but she broke Zeena's pickle dish but I assured her that it was ok. After dinner we relaxed by the fire I, smoking my pipe and Mattie, sewing. It was really nice to spend time with her alone. I could picture my life with her everyday being just like this night was. I hadn't even touched her hand and yet I feel strongly connected to her. Tonight is the last night to be with Mattie because this chance will probably never come up again. Well anyhow its getting late so I should turn in. -Ethan

0 comments: